Thursday 9 October 2014

It’s out – The Secrets of Blood and Bone

It’s publication day – on Super Thursday no less. This pretty little thing is out at bookshops and online.


I loved writing this one, it flew off the page and wrote itself. I think it’s hard to write the middle book of a trilogy, I’ve tried before, but I never thought of this as a middle book until the last few chapters when it needed to connect with a future book. I wrote a book, a found a sequel, and late in the process, a third book suggested itself more and more strongly. So don’t blame me for the last few pages, they do (I promise) lead onto book 3, which will come out next year.

Before I got a book deal I imagined publication day was a big thing, but in some ways it’s a quiet celebration, the full stop at the end of a really long sentence, and a bit of a relief. It comes out in paperback next year, I’m looking forward to the cover, always a pleasure to see what they are going to do with it!


Writing here is a bit subdued. We’ve moved house (Yay!!) but now boxes are invading every room, and demand things like new bookcases or plate racks or shelves. I’ve reached a natural break halfway through my new book, and need to stop and catch my breath with that before I move on. I’d like to start a new book completely now, just to be moving over new territory, but as I’m a ‘pantser’ not a plotter, that’s always a bit terrifying. I have a main character, and a location (based at least loosely on my old house) and am just wondering where it will go. It could go anywhere. Really. 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Reb, the new book looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ben! It seems strange, I wrote it so long ago! Hopefully it will do well out there on its own...

      Delete
  2. Well done, Reb! Whoop! Wishing you continued success. Boz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just finished this and I am on tenterhooks for the next....I am so glad to hear that there will be a third book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely to hear! Hope you enjoy book 3 - which is all but finished except for a title!

      Delete
  4. Greate Book, Greate Autor
    There is so much to enjoy in The Secrets of Blood and Bone, as it’s a well-written mix of urban fantasy and historical fiction that features witches, alchemists, demons, shapeshifters, bloodsuckers, sentient overgrowth, and more, that, like its predecessor, keeps the reader captivated and invested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, an interesting book is an event. In particular, if you previously heard something about her or read the reviews. Now the main thing is not to be disappointed in such a long-awaited book.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.