Thursday 1 September 2011

First September

There's something renewing about this time of year. New term, through all those years of school and university. The end of summer and the beginning of the autumn and all its gifts. I love September, it's my favourite month.


So, new start. I've got a solid start to the third draft. I found I ground to a halt on the second draft when the inconsistencies built up too unworkable and now the new draft is smoother and works better - this is the Stephen King approach and it seems to work for me. I want a good start for the Myslexia novel competition and then I just have to rewrite the rest of the book. I still have a few chapters to write but I have 70k of the beginning and 13k of the end. I think I need a bit of work on the last few chapters to write but I really feel I'm writing the characters better and they are more sympathetic as well. They will work much better as my dissertation, as well.  


In the meantime, I'm loading up my new bookcases with books and having a big clear out. Very therapeutic. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this time of year too - new beginnings - now if only it would stop raining!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.