Tuesday 23 August 2011

Writing again

I'm back to writing, this time from the plan. It's been a difficult week. The anniversary of my daughter's death was this weekend, made more dreary even than usual by the relentless pain in my back, which is getting slowly worse, if anything. My niece was born the same year as
Léonie, and I've just found out she's expecting her first baby. I haven't just missed all of
Léonie's life, but my potential grandchildren as well. Ouch. Bereavement just keeps stinging.

Anyway, whinge over. I'm very attached to my old words, even though I know they aren't good enough. So I'm rewriting from the plan, to iron out some of the plot tangles I've got into. It takes a while to detach from the old words (so many of them!) but it doesn't take that long to rewrite, now I'm actually doing it, and I know who everyone is and what really happens. Then I can write the missing ten or so chapters to complete the book. That will be a relief, as much as anything.  

3 comments:

  1. I was saddened to hear how much your loss eats into you. But good that you are continuing with your work. I wrote ten or so books, some completed some not, and it is only now that I find writing so much easier, so keep going! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the continuing sense of loss and about your back pain. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I don't really feel that grief very often, but the birthdays and anniversaries make me blue. Today I'm thrilled that I'm going to be a great aunt! As soon as my back allows, I'm back to work.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.