Monday 4 July 2011

Marathon (2350)

To avoid the painting and the smell of gloss I locked myself in the study, left the door to the garden open and, because I had nothing else to do, wrote a decent first draft of chapter 14. This is a bit dodgy, because I haven't written chapter 13 and I'm not sure what happens in it, but I did know what was going to happen to Dee in the sixteenth century, so I went with that. I did spook myself, as the two principal characters get kidnapped in the middle of the night and writing action scenes is hard for me. It's a bit like writing a car chase...doesn't really work. Well, not for me, anyway.


The study thing with the door to the garden overlooking the nature reserve blah blah is a lot less glamorous when you know the sewer runs right under the floor and smells like it is cracked. I moved out when the sewage stank worse than the gloss paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.